Friday, March 16, 2012

The Beginning, and an Intro into the mind of an Advocate.

So, what will this semi-regular blog entry be about? What will you come to expect from these entries? Will anything I say make a difference to you and your life?


Well, first off, the entries I will put onto the blog will be about whatever comes to mind; whatever I think is relevant, interesting, important, cool, fascinating and lots of times, irreverent (just because that's my nature).


Secondly, what to expect: Well I am not the kind of person to "pull punches" or "beat around the bush" when it comes to issues that effect my Brothers and Sisters with disabilities.


And lastly, I hope that these entries will have a positive effect upon your thinking, your attitude and maybe your outlook. At the very least, I hope that something said here will engage your mind and encourage you to do your own research and then get active in whatever issue or issues are concerning your life and your community. 




Who Is the Shameless Advocate?
My real name is Patrick and I am a person with a disability! (Ankylosing Spondylitis and Crohn's Disease) And I am PROUD to be a member of the Disability Community, PROUD to be an advocate for people with disabilities and PROUD to do the work of a Disability Rights Advocate. I am a former teacher, a life long civil rights and social justice activist, a full time motivational/inspirational speaker, and a certified "rabble rouser" and troublemaker.



No comments:

Post a Comment